Viral Images Show Brutal Injuries To Bullied Teen (Photos)

The family of a Wales teen who was brutally beaten by bullies released shocking photos of his injuries that show the teen's face severely swollen and covered in blood.

The disturbing images showed the 15-year-old with blood covering his mouth and lower face, with the right side of his face completely swollen. The boy was reportedly on his way home from school and had just gotten off a bus when he was attacked by bullies. 

The teen suffered two fat lips and was rushed to the hospital for a broken jaw. A 17-year-old boy was arrested and ultimately released on bail in connection to the incident.

Sarah Davies, a family friend who posted the photos, asked people for help: "Please, if anyone saw anything please tell the police. I'm sharing this with his mum's permission."

The photos were shared on social media more than 8,000 times and prompted outrage among viewers.

"Some utter scumbags about -- why oh why do people think its big and clever to kick the crap out of someone," one viewer commented. "I hope they catch the scumbag that did this."

"What a disgusting cowardly attack on a young boy. I hope he recovers soon Physically , and I hope he isn't too [traumatized] by this later on," another added. 

A spokesman for the South Wales Police in Wales, where the incident took place, released a statement asking anyone involved to come forward.

"Police in Bridgend are appealing for witnesses to an assault on a teenage boy in North Cornelly to come forward," the statement read. "The incident occurred as the 15 year-old victim got off a bus at Woodland Place, at approximately 4pm on Wednesday, February 8, 2017. He sustained serious facial injuries which required hospital treatment. A 17-year-old boy has been arrested and bailed in connection with the incident."

In a similar incident, a young teen was bullied and beaten by a mob of students for "being ginger."

Toby Gates, a 12-year-old British boy, was caught on camera being kicked repeatedly and severely beaten while writhing in pain.

"I was devastated when he told me what happened. I was fuming. I wanted to sort it out there and then and find the kids who did it," the boy's father, Simon McManus, told The Sun. 

"Obviously that’s not the answer and would have made me no better than the people who did this. Toby’s not one to drop anyone in it but I told him: ‘You can’t let these people get away with this.’ Initially when he came in he went straight up to his room and his sister came and told me he was crying quite heavily. He said he was alright and that he had just fallen over."

As of Feb. 15, the attackers had not yet been identified or caught.