Health
kristoffer norgarden
Health

Mother Assumes Her Boy Was Simply Stung By Bee, Then His Whole Body Turns Blue

kristoffer norgarden

When the summer sun is shining, children want nothing more than to get outside and run around and play. Parents are all too happy to indulge their proclivity to be outside when the weather is nice. Not only do children get to have fun out in nature, but they also get to exercise and tire themselves out so they can sleep well at night.

While summertime can be the most fun for children, it can also be the most dangerous. Because nature is home to certain threats, children can find themselves in danger in a matter of moments. 3-year-old Kristoffer Nordgarden proved that was the case when his mother sent him outside for some summer fun.

Because she figured that having him walk around without shoes would be fun for the preschooler, she sent him out without them. However, Krisstoffer came running back to his mother Elisabeth Nordgarden only a few minutes later, crying his eyes out. Although he was hurt, mom thought he was overreacting and that it was just a bug bite or bee sting.

She said, “Me and the boys were visiting my grandparents. Kristoffer began to cry a little and climbed onto my lap. We thought he had been stung by a wasp or scratched himself on a branch.”

Elisabeth thought her boy was only slightly injured and decided to get back to having a great time with her family. But Kristoffer had not been faking. Within fifteen minutes, he started crying again because his foot had swollen and turned blue.

Because Elisabeth was no longer willing to trust her assumptions, she called the professionals at 911. The emergency crew arrived via helicopter very quickly and escorted Kristoffer and his mother to the hospital. The paramedics knew what had happened to the little boy almost immediately – he was suffering from a venomous snakebite.

When he got to the hospital, doctors gave him the antidote. With that, he started to improve. But not for long. His vital signs failed, and it seemed like he was going to die.

Doctors eventually discovered that his intestines were bleeding. He had lost a lot of blood and even a bunch of body weight.

“Vipers are much more active in the summer,” Elisabeth said. “More people are also out in nature, and therefore there are greater chances of encountering one.”

Kristoffer had been one of the unlucky people to come across a viper and feel its wrath.

For the next 10 days, Kristoffer fought for his life inside the hospital. After many close calls that left his mother awake at night in cold sweats, the three-year-old boy eventually pulled through. Doctors were able to say with some confidence that he would be all right. And he was. He survived the viper bite!

Despite the near-death experience, the first thing Kristoffer wanted to do when he got back home was going play in the grass. Elisabeth allowed it but kept a closer eye on her son.

“I have much more respect for vipers now, and I will ensure that my kids wear boots when they go out in areas with high grass in the future,” she said.

Sources: MeowGAG / Photo Credit: Post Image