Society

Woman's Reaction To Proposal Goes Viral (Photo)

A photo of a woman proposing to her girlfriend is going viral thanks to the reaction of an excited bystander.

Carlos Jair shared a photo of his sister proposing to her girlfriend at the Art Institute of Chicago on his Twitter page, according to Mashable. 

Popular Video

People were so furious about this Pepsi ad that Pepsi pulled it after just one day. Watch it here and decide if it's offensive:

The photo quickly spread, thanks in no small part to the delighted reaction from a woman sitting nearby.

"My sister proposed to her [girlfriend] today and look at that older woman's reaction," Jair wrote in the tweet on Dec. 17.

Popular Video

People were so furious about this Pepsi ad that Pepsi pulled it after just one day. Watch it here and decide if it's offensive:

Jair's sister, Jessica Rodriguez, said she and her found the woman's priceless reaction while looking through photos of the proposal.

"It really made that photo even more special," Rodriguez told news.com.au.

She added: "I don't think we realized she was there. We were going over the photos my friend Ed Sanches took (and) we discovered that gem with her sweet reaction."

The photo captured the attention of many on social media, with Jair's tweet receiving more than 350,000 likes and more than 114,000 retweets.

After the photo went viral, Rodriguez posted a tweet asking for help locating the woman in the photo. It is unclear if she was successful in finding the woman. 

During the proposal, Rodriguez says people gathered in the gallery to watch the special moment.

She says roughly 95 percent of the reaction has been positive, though the remaining 5 percent was either homophobic or objectifying.

"I think we are making progress in the world to be more accepting," Rodriguez said. "We definitely appreciate that. We have loved every single sweet comment from around the world."

Sources: Mashablenews.com.au / Photo Credit: Ed Sanchez via news.com.au